The Organizing Committee is very pleased to invite you to submit your Paper Abstracts for the Fifth National GIS Symposium and Exhibition in Saudi Arabia, which will be held in Le Meridian Hotel at Al-Khobar City, Eastern Province, during the period of April 26 – 28, 2010, (Jumada I 12 – 14, 1431). Featuring a state-of-the-art exhibit, plenary, keynote, and technical sessions, the symposium will bring all stakeholders in the geospatial domain – academia, researchers, students and the industry – onto one platform for interaction, sharing and discussion on various topics such as collaboration on spatial technology and experiences gained. The symposium is intended to encourage the exchange of knowledge and experience in geospatial sciences among researchers, practitioners, and professionals within the country and abroad.
April 26 – 28, 2010 Jumada I 12-14, 1431
For further details about how to submit a paper abstract, register for attending the symposium, or participate in the accompanying Exhibit, please check the symposium Website at www.saudigis.org. We look forward to your active participation in this event.
The main themes for this year's symposium are the following:
1. Data management, modeling, accessibility and dissemination.
2. GIS for planning, policies, trends and analysis.
3. Surveying, cartography and land management.
4. GIS research and education.
5. Petroleum, pipeline and gas utilities.
6. Disaster management and emergency response.
7. Health, safety and environment.
8. Real-world problem solving with GIS.
9. Sustainable development and humanitarian affairs.
10. State and local government.
11. Telecom and location-based services.
12. Remote sensing imagery.
13. Enterprise GIS.
14. Other GIS applications.
Important Dates for Authors:
Deadline for Paper Abstract Submission: December 12, 2009
Deadline for Full Paper Submission: January 30, 2010
The Organizing Committee of the Fifth National GIS Symposium in Saudi Arabia Symposium
Symposium Website: www.saudiGIS.org